Monday, December 17, 2012

Paint Smear Ornaments

So I have found that these things just don't dry in a day.

Blah.

But they are still very pretty and I can't see them changing much by the time they do dry. These were so simple to do. I can't believe that I have gone this long in my life without doing these ornaments before. Here is what the inspiration came from:

I love how the colors streak and blend. I'm not the first to try and replicate these ornaments either! You can see others attempts here and here.

Here is how my ornaments turned out!

The things you will need for these are really cheap. Some acrylic paint and a box of clear glass ornaments. Thats it. I used some plastic cups to drip extra paint into while these puppies dried which was a very good idea. I was a little shocked about how much dripped out. Of course I put a little more than one or two drops of paint in there so that could be why.

Add a drop or two of paint (or squeeze about a 1/8 teaspoon of paint if you are only using two different colors or really really impatient like me!) and then tap to spread the paint. I used these paint colors and brands.

The tapping does take a while though so get ready to tap!

The plus side is that the ornament doesn't look the same on any other side. The down side is that if you really like the ornament and want to make a set... Yeah not going to happen.

On a side note though my cats love Christmas trees.
Kaillie looking at the flashing lights
And then she has to be oh so cute
Dawn looking for a way to climb into the tree

Also another craft! 3D paper stars!

How cute right? Don't ask me how to make them though! I just hot glued where my mother told me to. And then hung them up when she was happy with them. Maybe I can get her to write a post on them? They didn't take much time either which is great. Quick and easy! And for my last picture for the post!

I like it. Plus this is my blog so I could post cat pictures all day every day and no one could tell me no.

Well you could. But I don't have to listen.

I have cookies to bake this week so I might be posting those.

Until next time! Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment