Friday, February 15, 2013

Post Valentine's Day Day

Oh Valentine's Day.

We shall always be friends.

As long I can call you 'I'm So Glad I'm Single' Day.

I know I'm so romantic.

But lets be honest here. Every year you get wine, chocolate, a teddy bear, a card, so on and so forth. The wine and chocolate get eaten quickly when you are feeling a little sad. The bear if there for you to cry on and/or punch when angry or in my case given to one of my dogs. The card gets lost or is thrown out. But that doesn't change the fact that we all still go out and buy gifts. Even I went out and got some gifts.

I even made some quick and easy cupcakes! Just mix up your favorite vanilla or white cake batter and scoop 1/3-1/2 cup of the into a small bowl and mix in some food color. Fill your cupcake liner with the plain batter. Then put a SMALL drop of the colored batter on top of the boring batter and use a toothpick to drag through the drop of colored batter.

Start out OUTSIDE of the dot and drag through the middle of the droplet and stop when you feel like it. I used three dots around the batter and dragged my toothpick in a circle.


Keep in mind that the image will change as it bakes so even if it doesn't look perfect you might still like it after it bakes!


This is a different cupcake that wasn't my favorite but it was still really pretty. With these cupcakes you could add frosting but only a small amount in the center otherwise you hide your little hearts. 

And for my last picture I give you Sophie. She has claimed this are her perch. My poor ruined kitchen needs to be fixed so the cats can't get into the roof.


This is above my counters. Bad things happen when pipes burst people! We had a few weeks of amazing, newly remodeled kitchen! And then water was pouring down our cabinets and walls one morning. So drywall, tile, cabinets, microwave, and the carpet in the room on the other side of the kitchen had to be ripped out. So we have half of a kitchen pretty much. Anyways the sad story is over.


I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Don't eat all that chocolate in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment